[Mitgcm-support] Re: problem of _RL

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:28:17 EDT 2003

CPP macros (usually beginning with _) are replaced before compilation. _RL
normally
becomes real*8 and _RS becomes either real*4 or real*8 depending on the platform
and configuration. They are constructs we use to simplify portability.
We have no experience with Compaq Visual Fortran but if you have a C-preprocesor
(cpp) then the existing scripts should be easy to adapt to generate a working
Makefile.

Alistair.