[Mitgcm-support] Re: KPP (c30) bug

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:18:14 EDT 2003

Just one comment about boot sequence.

I implemented initialize_fixed() and initialize_varia() simply
to because it's absence was being used as an excuse by Christian et al.
to not get going with our code.

I think _fixed() and _varia() only mean anything to the data assim.
They are very poorly defined and to split initialization into more
concrete steps (eg. _read_parms(), _pkg_check(), _init_workspace(),
_read_constant_data(), etc...) is much clearer. Not all packages need
all steps (nor do I know what those steps are) but _fixed() and _varia()
just don't mean anything.

A.