[Mitgcm-support] a small domain and shallow water

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:28:04 EDT 2003

Dear sir

All the times I write to support of MITgcm, I received useful suggestions
for my study, so I decide to write again for your help.
I'm building a experiment in the gulf of Trieste, in the North of Adriatic
sea then my domain is small and the maximum depth is 25 meters.
What happen is that near the coast the U and V velocities go up fastly and
exceed the limit. The program stop with the error message:segmantation
fault.
I have a stably stratified situation and a close boundary conditions besides
I have satisfy the stability criterions.
Can you provide me with some suggestions about my problem, how I can
intervene.
Thank you in advance and have a good holiday time

sincerely

Fabiana Cavazzon