[Mitgcm-support] exf_inscal

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:24:16 EDT 2003

Patrick, I agree, let's modify exf_inscal_* and
exf_outscal_* to have the full suffix.  Do you
want me to take care of that or are you doint it?

I introduced these variables so that "internally"
to pkg/exf, the units can always be consistent,
while the input and the output units can be
arbitrary (and follow the latest fashions).

At some point, once the model's internal units and
signs have stopped changing the hope is that the
exf_outscal_* factors can be eliminated and only
the exf_inscal_* factors will be needed.

D.

Dimitris Menemenlis                      menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Lab, MS 300-323           tel: 818-354-1656
4800 Oak Grove Dr, Pasadena CA 91109     fax: 818-393-6720