[Mitgcm-support] Re: advection code

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:19:16 EDT 2003

Arne,

Surprise! Here's the first attempt at third order upwind.

I haven't compiled the code (hence not debugged it)!

I changed the CPP macro  first_order  to  UPWIND  and
introduced another called  THIRD_ORDER.

Truth table:
                          UPWIND    THIRD_ORDER
  Centered second order   #undef    #undef
  First-order upwind      #define   #undef
  Third-order upwind      #define   #define

Can you try the following code, calc_gt.F, and if it works
do the same for calc_gs.F  . calc_mom_rhs.F is much more
work so stay with the current version for now.

Let me know what happens,

Alistair.