[Mitgcm-support] Plan to use MITgcm

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:17:38 EDT 2003

 You asked for a courtesy email.

 I am planning on downloading the code shortly.

 My application is to look at coastal ocean flow over steep topography
(submarine canyons).  With slopes of up to 45 degrees, terrain following
coordinates have large errors (Allen et al, 2002).  I am also interested
in whether the flow remains hydrostatic.

 cheers,
 Susan Allen
 University of British Columbia

Allen, S.E, M.S Dinniman, J.M Klinck, D.D. Gorby, A.J. Hewett and B.M. Hickey
On vertical advection truncation error in terrain following numerical models:
Comparison to a laboratory model for upwelling over submarine canyons.
Accepted and in press, J. Geophys. Res., Oceans, April 2002.