[MITgcm-support] Re: orlanski open boundary conditions

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 2 11:57:03 EST 2003

Hi Martin.

If you can provide more details of the actual OBC being applied, I may be
able to help. For instance, is there a mean flow in the problem? Do you
want to apply the OBC to the entire flow? Are you using ABII? With/out
nonlinear free surface?

One immediate suggestion I have is to check for volume conservation. I too
had a problem with domain averaged sea level not remaining constant.
(Another user had the same problem.)

Samar