[MITgcm-support] Closing DIC budget

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Mar 11 03:50:12 EDT 2024

Hi,

you can also try to set exactConserv = .TRUE., in data (but I am not sure if there’s an effect on the passive tracers).

I am not sure, but I think that the tracer conservation will improve very much with the nonlinear free surface. verification/tutorial_global_oce_biogeo does not use a nonlinear free surface. To turn it on, you’d need to define NONLIN_FRSURF (in  CPP_OPTIONS.h), recompile (“make”) and use the appropriate runtime flags:  nonlinFreeSurf=4, select_rStar=2, and maybe hFacInf, hFacSup.

Martin