[MITgcm-support] ECCOv4 Configurations: R-Star Coordinate Error with Modified Wind Forcing

Gael Forget gforget at mit.edu
Tue Feb 13 10:00:39 EST 2024

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick response and links. Yes, if you have time I’d like to proceed with modifying global_oce_llc90/input.ecmwf/data.seaice to the one that you’d recommend. The one from your idemix_test <https://github.com/mjlosch/MITgcm/blob/idemix_test_runs/idemix_test/llc90/input/data.seaice> minus all of the commented stuff maybe? Should not require any change to SEAICE_OPTIONS.h as far as I can see, so this wont affect the other tests in verification/global_oce_llc90. Seems to me that it would be great to have your recommended data.seaice config for llc90 in the verif_other repo; to be able to point people to it, know it is regularly tested & maintained, etc. Later on (e.g. this spring) I could run a full suite of ECCO diagnostics using it, send you feedback over at the GitHub repo, and we can always iterate on improving things further if needed. What do you think?

Best,
Gaël