[MITgcm-support] ECCOv4 Configurations: R-Star Coordinate Error with Modified Wind Forcing

Yohei Takano - BAS yokano at bas.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 07:55:17 EST 2024

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your advice, and yes, I am using the ECCOv4-r2 sea ice parameters (from Gael's
setup). It could be the sea ice (thinking of what I wrote in the previous e-mail) so I will try setting
the SEAICEpressReplFac = 0., and rerun the model from the beginning.

Regarding the sea ice related diffusivities, are you talking about this part in the parameters?
'SEAICEdiffKhHeff = 400., SEAICEdiffKhArea = 400., SEAICEdiffKhSnow = 400.,'. Just to confirm so
should I also turn these off after turning on the SEAICEpressReplFac = 0.,? (please let me know if
I misunderstand something).

I am also curious about Gael's thoughts behind this setting.

Thank you again, I appreciate your input.

Regards,

Yohei