[MITgcm-support] Query regarding BLING

kunal madkaiker kunal.madkaiker02 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 18:07:37 EDT 2023

Hi Matt,

I tried commenting the lines you suggested in bling_carbon_chem.F as well
as increasing PTRACERS_ref of DIC and ALK. Also define/undef USE_SIBLING
isn't changing anything.
The values of DIC/ALK at runoff points keep on diluting as the model
evolves. However, pH is decreasing there instead of increasing (refer Fig1).

Besides DIC and ALK, the PTRACERS_ref values for other tracers (O2, PO4,
NO3, SiO4, etc) is Zero. Still the conc. are increasing at the runoff
points (Fig2).

Are the PTRACERS_ref values being overwritten somehow? Is there a way I can
completely switch off tracers at runoff points?

Thanks,
Kunal