[MITgcm-support] Query regarding BLING

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 25 11:27:34 EDT 2023

Ah, I see PTRACERS_ref can be used for freshwater value depending on setup. You must have this on for your BLING setup.

I think the issue is that you are driving ALK close to zero but allowing silica to stay large, violating the assumptions in the model.

Either you could make the runoff have high alk (perhaps with PTRACERS_ref) or prescribe silica low there when there is significant runoff. Or perhaps try using SIBLING.  Or perhaps use my caps but make them less stringent. Or, if DIC package is stable, just remove my caps and see what happens.

Matt