[MITgcm-support] Calculation overflow problem

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Nov 1 08:31:55 EDT 2023

You should run your model with default debugLevel (=1) and with a montiorFreq that allows you to see which part of the model explodes first. Then the STDOUT.0000 is interesting for debugging.

I would start by turning off the partial cells (hFacMin),
also, use viscAhGrid (<1) instead of viscAh to ensure stability.
Otherwise the information that you provide does not allow further diagnosis.

Martin