[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] How to make the executable with Intel compiler?

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 3 23:38:22 EDT 2023

Hello,

This may be related to your environment variables LANG and/or LC_ALL.
Try setting it to en_US.UTF-8
bash:
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
or
csh:
setenv LANG en_US.UTF-8
Also, you are using the optile linux_amd64_ifort+mpi_ice_nas, which works for NASA’s Pleiades but may not work for your machine and compilers. There are various optiles in MITgcm/tools/build_options/. Try to use one that matches your machine and compilers. You can read more about how to build MITgcm in the readthedoc MITgcm manual, section 3.5 at
https://mitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started/getting_started.html#building-the-model

Best,
Ou Wang