[MITgcm-support] end-of-file during read file divided.ctrl

Dani Jones dcjones.work at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:39:52 EDT 2023

Hi Mario,

That's definitely a possibility. Can you tell us a bit more about the time
mask?

I used to get this kind of error at the end of the forward portion of my
adjoint runs, until I doubled the length of my time masks. So if you are
running for N timesteps, you'll want a vector of length 2*N. The entries
should be zero for those timesteps that you don't want to include in the
objective function, whereas they should be non-zero for those timesteps
that you do want to include in the objective function.

If this is for a single timestep at the end of the forward run, for
example, you'll want the Nth entry to be 1.0. If you want to include the
last ten timesteps, for example, then you'll want the last ten entries to
be 0.1. (You have to normalise it yourself in this way - the normalisation
doesn't happen automatically).

Thanks,
Dani