[MITgcm-support] undefined reference to `adexch_3d_rl_

mario wrk wrkmario at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 04:12:31 EDT 2023

Dear MITgcm community,
Hi, I am using TAF to generate adjoint model, but TAF seems cannot
generate adexch_3d_rl_, no matter if I switch on or off #undef
AUTODIFF_EXCLUDE_ADEXCH_RS
the error still exists.

Best regards,
Mario

addummy_in_stepping.o: in function `addummy_in_stepping_':
The Cpu Module:(.text+0x33a): undefined reference to `adexch_3d_rl_'

C o for output of AD-variables (ALLOW_AUTODIFF_MONITOR), specific code
(e.g.,
C   in addummy_in_stepping.F) relies on adexch_uv_xy_rs and adexch_xy_rs S/R
C   which might not always be generated by TAF (e.g., when controls do not
C   include any 2D forcing field). In those cases, defining this cpp-option
C   allows to circumvent this missing code issue.
#undef AUTODIFF_EXCLUDE_ADEXCH_RS