[MITgcm-support] easier ways to implement cost function

mario wrk wrkmario at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:59:45 EST 2023

Hi, Dani,
A further step I am not sure is how to specify time and space/volume, which
will be averaged in the cost function. Can I just use your script here
https://github.com/DanJonesOcean/ECCO_v4_r2_config/tree/main/masks
and then replace these lines?
For instance, if I need to average over the last day of my run, do I need a
time mask file? or just specify gencost_avgperiod(1) = 'day'?
&ECCO_GENCOST_NML
# SST
gencost_avgperiod(1) = 'day',
gencost_barfile(1) = 'm_sst_day',
gencost_datafile(1) = 'lev_clim_temp.bin',
gencost_errfile(1) = 'ones_32b.bin',
gencost_name(1) = 'sst-MW',
gencost_spmin(1) = -1.8,
gencost_spmax(1) = 40.,