[MITgcm-support] How to add a linear drag for U and V when temperature is lower than a value

赖燕红 yhlai at pku.edu.cn
Thu Jun 22 23:13:47 EDT 2023

Hello everyone!

I want to reduce u and v close to zero when the temperature is lower than a critical value

(such as 2000 K, the melting temperature of silicates) by adding a linear drag in the equation in each layer.

I want to ask, how to realize it in model/src/apply_forcing.F,

because the temperature is needed to determine whether to use a linear drag or not.

I'm not sure how to call temperature in this file.

Looking forward to your suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Best,

Yanhong