[MITgcm-support] Problems with the EXF package and binary input files

Dani Jones dcjones.work at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:30:30 EST 2023

Hi Oliver,

You've found the error! Well spotted. By changing `field_lat_inc = 0.25` to
`field_lat_inc = 249*0.25` throughout, where Ny=249 is the number of
latitude points in my ERA5 subset, I was able to get sensible-looking EXF
diagnostics output.

I am still a bit surprised that using a regridded dataset didn't fix my
issue, though. I was thinking that I could regrid the ERA5 data onto the
model grid, comment out the interpolation-related grid parameters in
`data.exf`, and use the default values. Oddly, this didn't work. I might do
some more tests on this later, but for now I'm happy to have something that
runs.

Thanks again!

Best wishes,
Dan(i)