[MITgcm-support] Trying to relax ptracer using RBCS

kunal madkaiker kunal.madkaiker02 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 09:27:00 EST 2023

Dear All,

Just to add more information to my previous query, both the relaxMaskFile
and relaxPtracerFile have dimensions X*Y*73 i.e., 73 timesteps as both are
being repeated every fifth day.
I also tried changing it to daily (X*Y*365) but still get the same error:
At line 2203 of file mdsio_read_field.f (unit = 9, file =
'nitrate_surf_J2D.bin')
Fortran runtime error: Non-existing record number

Do I need to add an extra timestep (73+1)? Can anyone help me find the
actual dimensions required for 'relaxMaskFile' and 'relaxPtracerFile'.

Thanks,
Kunal