[MITgcm-support] AMOC estimation in cs grid

ESTANISLAO-GAVILAN-PASCUAL-AHU e.gavilan at hhu.edu.cn
Thu Aug 31 00:57:26 EDT 2023

Dear Community,

I want to evaluate the amoc in my cs grid. I can linearly interpolate the u and v transport to the grid's centre, then compute the meridional component using the anglesn and anglecs. That should give me the meridional transport in the curvilinear grid. The last step is, to sum up or plot cross sections the points at the same latitude. Is there a method that does not require interpolating from curvilinear to a regular latlon grid? Thank in advance for your help in this matter.

Kind regards,

Estanislao