[MITgcm-support] what happens when run is shorter than diagnostic averaging frequency

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Aug 2 06:01:06 EDT 2023

Hi Dan,
I am not sure what the diagnostics package does in this case, but you can write pickup files with the diagnostics package that avoid this problem. These the relevant runtime parameters for data.diagnostics (from diagnostics_readparms.F):

     &     diag_pickup_read,     diag_pickup_write,
     &     diag_pickup_read_mnc, diag_pickup_write_mnc,

Martin