[MITgcm-support] Open all input files in Read only mode

Siva Reddy Sanikommu sivareddy.sanikommu at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Apr 25 08:39:17 EDT 2023

Hi Team,
I believe all the input files (external forcing, obcs, bathymetry and
initial conditions) in MITgcm can be opened in "read only" mode. However, I
notice that the files are opened in read-write mode on my machine (Shaheen
that uses lustre parallel file system based on Cray) which makes the
compute nodes unable to access these input files; compute nodes in my
machine running on /scratch have read only permissions to /project.

Can you help me figure out the relevant part of the code(s) where I can
change to read these input files in "read only" mode?

--

*Dr. Siva Reddy Sanikommu*

*Research Scientist*

*Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division*

*Room # 4402, Building #1*
*King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi
Arabia*
*Mobile: +966 549594174*
*off: +966 12 8080669*

*Alt.Email: sivamtech07 at gmail.com <sivamtech07 at gmail.com>*