[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] viscA4Dfile in adjoint

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Apr 11 03:45:01 EDT 2023

Also be aware that the viscFacInAd parameter didn’t work properly (didn’t do anything) for quite some time (for mom_vecinv), between checkpoint66e (2017/03/06) and checkpoint67v (2021, Jan15). See lines 380 to 389 in pkg/mom_vecinv/mom_vecinv.F
With current code you need to define AUTODIFF_ALLOW_VISCFACADJ, and the factor only applies to the prescribed 3D fields.

Martin