[MITgcm-support] end-of-file during read file divided.ctrl

mario wrk wrkmario at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:10:18 EDT 2023

Hi Matt, and Dani
Unfortunately I still have the same error If I run for a longer time. The
error shows up when the adjoint run starts,
*forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 76, file

/MITgcm/verification/lab_sea/run/divided.ctrl*

divided.ctrl ended with

*1          0*

my cost function is the last time step box mean theta
 &ECCO_GENCOST_NML
 gencost_avgperiod(1) = 'step',
 gencost_barfile(1) = 'm_boxmean_theta',
 gencost_name(1) = 'my_theta_mask',
 gencost_outputlevel(1)=0,
 gencost_mask(1) = 'my_mask'
 mult_gencost(1) = 1.,
 &
I don't know if the model needs to read scratch files, I noticed half
of scratch files are missing, or or EXF or OBCS files.
Would be very grateful if anyone else could give me more hints.

Best regards,
Mario