[MITgcm-support] SHELFICE Package: stability parameter

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Oct 5 10:56:43 EDT 2022

Hi Josephine,

do I get this right?
etaStar = 1/ sqrt(1+zetaN*Kvon*buoyancyflux./(abs(f)*uStar**2*Rc))?

should go to zero for buoyancyFlux -> Inf, and to one for buoyanceFlux -> 0 (for positive buoyanceFlux), right?
That should work. Let me know if this works for you and maybe you can even add it to the code, once you are confident that it works.

Martin