[MITgcm-support] Re: mitgcm seaice

ESTANISLAO-GAVILAN-PASCUAL-AHU e.gavilan at hhu.edu.cn
Mon Nov 28 21:04:44 EST 2022

Hi Mike,

You are using an old version of the model. The new version has totally changed the code of that subroutine. Your problem could be related with the units of the water drag. In the older versions, the water drag is to be input in terms of density (e.g. about 5.5 in the namelist). So If you are testing normal values such as 0.005, the model will always meet that condition.

Kind regards

 Estanislao