[MITgcm-support] Surface forcing of ptracers...

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Sat May 21 05:50:36 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I am trying to add a crude oxygen signal to a wind and thermally forced fjord simulation.  I don’t particularly need the oxygen to interact bio-chemically with anything, but I assume it would be more realistic for the gas exchange to depend on the wind speed and the surface oxygen saturation (as a function of T and S).

I am finding it a little difficult to parse how I might do that.  I don’t see a surface forcing for ptracer.  It seems that maybe biochem has all this, but its still not clear if I should use all this machinery and how to initialize in an idealized sense.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks a lot.   Jody

--
Jody Klymak