[MITgcm-support] 回复: vertical momentum tendency

钱钰坤 qianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn
Tue May 17 20:47:14 EDT 2022

Hi Haoran,

Thank you for your help.  But I don't really know how these two diagnostics
could help in deriving the tendency of w (unit of acceleration).

My understanding is that these two diagnostics are useful in calculating the
eddy momentum flux when the output is time-average <> one.  For example,
If we output monthly mean wu, w, and u, we can get eddy flux <w'u'> for this
month.

  Best regards

Yu-Kun Qian (钱钰坤)South China Sea Institute of Oceanology
Sun Yat-sen University
Xingang West Road, Haizhu District
Guangzhou, P.R. China
Email: qianyukun at scsio.ac.cnqianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn