[MITgcm-support] multithreading experience with ECCOv4?

Michael MINETER m.mineter at ed.ac.uk
Thu May 5 10:41:07 EDT 2022

Hi
I have been testing different configurations of multiprocessor runs on Archer2, the latest UK supercomputer,  with ECCOv4.
Archer2 has 258GB and 128 cores per node - and in the examples I've been running, 120 processes per node work well.
I wondered if I should explore multithreading in seeking an optimal configuration for ECCOv4 on Archer2, and if there is experience of this that might guide me.
Regards
Mike

Dr Mike Mineter

School of GeoSciences
University of Edinburgh

Crew Building (room 315)
The King's Buildings
Alexander Crum Brown Road
Edinburgh
EH9 3FF

+44 (0) 131 651 9094

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh Dh?n ?ideann, cl?raichte an Alba, ?ireamh cl?raidh SC005336.