[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] Issue with surface ocean currents

Menemenlis, Dimitris (US 329B) dimitris.menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 15 20:51:21 EDT 2022

Hi Kunal, are you “prescribing” the boundary conditions or do you use a sponge?
If the former, I wonder whether the accumulation of turbulence inside the domain could be caused
the reflection of circulation features generated or evolved inside the domain that then
reach the lateral boundaries and are inconsistent with the prescribed obcs?

Dimitris