[MITgcm-support] identifying connected regions

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Wed Feb 9 10:03:36 EST 2022

Hi Dan,

I think you could collect the full (global) 2-D field on 1 proc and work with
this. But you should be able also to design the algorithm that works on each tile
and then, with a couple of EXCH calls, finish the work at the global level.
But this second solution probably requires more careful coding.

On the side (I don't think it's that relevant here), in term of global
communication, I added (~ 10.y ago) a function to do a cummulative sum (cumulsum_z_tile.F).
in case there is some similarity with your problem.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel