[MITgcm-support] Error related to BLING

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 3 15:43:13 EDT 2021

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 1:48 PM Matthew Mazloff <mmazloff at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hello
>
> 1) Do you have some more info on the error? Anything else given?
> My first guess: did you set
>       PARAMETER(PTRACERS_num = 9 )
> in PTRACERS_SIZE.h?
>
> 2) You have to give the exf parameters in data.bling, not data.ext.
>
> -Matt

Yes, as Matthew said, segfault is because
PARAMETER(PTRACERS_num = )
is probably less than 9.
I had the same error before.

... and add to data.ptracers:

 PTRACERS_numInUse=9,
 PTRACERS_useGMRedi=9*.TRUE., (if using GMRedi)
 PTRACERS_useKPP=9*.TRUE., (if using KPP)

and the ptracers name, long name, units, etc, for instance

 PTRACERS_names(1)='dic',
 PTRACERS_long_names(1)='Dissolved Inorganic Carbon',
 PTRACERS_units(1)='mol C/m^3',
 PTRACERS_advScheme(1)=77,
 PTRACERS_diffKh(1)=0.E3,
 PTRACERS_diffKr(1)=3.E-5,