[MITgcm-support] Error related to BLING

kunal madkaiker kunal.madkaiker02 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:38:07 EDT 2021

Dear All,

       I have two queries regarding the BLING model.

1) I am running the recent release of MITgcm coupled to the BLING module.
The model is running fine if I use the default 8 tracer option. When I try
to add silica as 9th tracer (#define USE_SIBLING in BLING_OPTIONS.h), the
model crashes in the beginning giving the following error message "Program
received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.".

2) I want the model to read apco2 values from a file via the data.exf
instead of giving a constant value in data.bling. I enabled it with #define
USE_EXFCO2 in BLING_OPTIONS.h. However, the model crashes with the error
"Fortran runtime error: Cannot match namelist object name apco2startdate1."

Please suggest some solutions to the above issues.

Regards
Kunal