[MITgcm-support] Stevens BC

赤羽蓝 lanchiyu12 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:37:47 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I am running a regional ocean model with the OBCS package. When I use the
Stevens boundary conditions, the model always crashes with "stops due to
EXTREME Pot.Temp". The model is OK if I turn off the Stevens BC. I have
tried different inflows(outflow) at the Stevens boundary, which encounter
the same crashing. The sponge boundary layer didn't help either. I also
tried different relaxation time, no help.

Attaching my data.obcs file.

Any ideas will be grateful.

Lambert

# ***************
# Open boundaries
# ***************
 &OBCS_PARM01
# This flag turns off checking and fixing problematic topography across
# open boundaries.
 OB_Jnorth = 360*-1,
 OB_Jsouth = 360*1,
 OB_Iwest = 528*1,