[MITgcm-support] Using wind from exf in DIC package

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 24 11:03:58 EDT 2021

Hi Hajoon

Another option is that the BLING package does use EXF wspeed.
If you use the original bling
#define USE_BLING_V1
in BLING_OPTIONS.h
it is very similar (i.e. compatible with inputs) to the DIC package and it takes wind directly from EXF when useEXF = true.

You can see MITgcm/verification/global_oce_biogeo_bling
for example inputs.

Matt