[MITgcm-support] problem compiling MITgcm with openmpi on mac big surr

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at mlml.calstate.edu
Wed Jun 16 09:17:33 EDT 2021

Hi Mainak,

JMC: thanks for your comments here.

I also ran into a similar problem when compiling MITgcm on my
Macbook w/ the 10.15.7 Catalina upgrade.

I fixed this by adding "#include <stdio.h>" to:
/eesupp/src/setdir.c

and adding the following lines to my optfile:

FFLAGS="$FFLAGS -w -fallow-argument-mismatch -O2"
FCFLAGS="$FCFLAGS -w -fallow-argument-mismatch -O2"

Best,
Dustin