[MITgcm-support] Enquiry about including atmospheric forcings in ECCO adjoint iterations

NA Yongsu ynaab at connect.ust.hk
Tue Jun 8 13:30:53 EDT 2021

Dear MITgcm team,

This is the same enquiry I posted on ECCO support, where I'm waiting for feedback. I expect I might get some from here as well (here seems more active).

I am currently re-running the ECCO v4r3 adjoint iterations, and found out that the publicly-released version does not have control adjustment files and related configurations for atmospheric forcings.

Are there any tips about including those forcings in the optimization? It'd be best for me to have chance to check the namelist files which are before public-release.

I suppose it is related with gentim2d parameters, but I cannot find much information about them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Yongsu Na

-----
Yongsu Na
PhD student, Dept. of Ocean Science, HKUST
-----