[MITgcm-support] Nudging SST data into MITgcm

Ruibin Ding(丁睿彬) kirkding at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 07:32:58 EST 2021

Dear Martin,

I find an experiment in the Verification called "global_with_exf". In the
data.exf namelist, I found that they use climatological SST and SSS to
Relax the modeled SST and SSS towards monthly climatologies of observation.
The detailed configuration in this namelist is as follows:
climsststartdate1 = 19920101,
climsststartdate2 = 000000,
 climsstperiod     = -12.,
# 2 months restoring timescale for temperature
 climsstTauRelax   = 5184000.,
Instead of climatology, now I want to relax the modeled SST with real
observed SST with some time interval (tau). Correct me if I am wrong, I
just change the " climsststartdate1" and " climsststartdate2" the same as
the observation period. The "  climsstperiod " should be changed
accordingly. Then I make the observed SST as inputfocing file the same as
other external forcing fields.
Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.

Best regards
Ruibin

Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de> 于2021年1月12日周二 下午8:21写道: