[MITgcm-support] Matlab script for initializing float position? -- flt package

Yangxin He y67he at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 9 15:08:16 EST 2021

Hi there,

I am fairly new to this Lagrangian particle numerical simulation set up. I notice there is an example "flt_example".
This is my understanding so far:
1) The initialization is a two-step process? We first use "write_float.F" (in extra folder) to initialize the particle and then use "convert_ini.m" to convert it so MITgcm can read it in? by the way, there seems to be a small typo/mistake in line 8 of "convert_ini.m"? very strange.
2) I assume once we get it running and have the outputs, we can use "read_flt_traj.m" to read in the data.

I am not very familiar with the Fortran code. I am wondering, does anyone have a simple Matlab code to initialize the particle and is willing to share it?

Thanks!

Yangxin