[MITgcm-support] advection of ice-melange

Mainak Mondal mm10845 at nyu.edu
Sun Aug 8 04:53:53 EDT 2021

Hi,

Recently I was trying to advect ice-melange in MITgcm. I used sea-ice
package and created an ice-melange over a 5 by 5 grid cell with an Heff=1m
while the rest Heff=0. I used the following options in data.seaice

# SEAICE parameters
 &SEAICE_PARM01
 SEAIcewriteState =.TRUE.,
 SEAICE_EPS =1.E-8,
 SEAICEuseDYNAMICS =.TRUE.,
 HeffFile='Heff1.bin',
 SEAICEadvHeff=.TRUE.,
 &
I am not putting any wind forcing but the melange is placed next to a
subglacial plume, which was forced by the obcs package. The ice-melange is
melting and sea-ice is growing around it.
However, the ice-melange remains static at its location throughout. Any
clue how I shall be able to advect it? I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,

--
*Mainak Mondal*
Post-Doctoral Associate