[MITgcm-support] Vertical Cross-Track Current

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Apr 26 09:21:39 EDT 2021

Hi Gage,

did you get a reply?

I don’t know if I understand the question, but you can specify an initial velocity field (see, e.g. ini_parms.F where the namelists are defined: uVelInitFile, vVelInitFile).

There’s the RBCS package (pkg/rbcs) that allows you restore to prescribed, time-varying 3D fields (also velocity) with a spatially varying restoring constant. Maybe that’s what you need?

Martin