[MITgcm-support] Question about internal solitary waves

陈保伟 13976303924 at 163.com
Sat Apr 10 02:30:10 EDT 2021

Dear all
NOW I am now using MITgcm to study internal solitary waves, and recently I learned in a literature that the authors generate internal solitary waves in this way, the article wrote:“The model is forced from the state of rest by a periodical
barotropic tidal flow with tidal frequency σ and amplitude of horizontal velocity U. In doing so the following components of an external force, Fx= U*H0/H (x,y)*σ*cos(σ t)and Fy=U*H0/H (x,y)*f*sin(σ t), are added to the zonal and meridional momentum balance equations. Here H0 is the depth where the tide has velocity U, H (x,y) is the basin depth, and f is the Coriolis parameter.”

 I don't know how to write code to do this.

 I'm eager to get your help. Thank you!

  yours
  Chen