[MITgcm-support] STOP MOM_IMPLICIT_R: error when solving 3-Diag problem.

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sat Sep 12 21:16:13 EDT 2020

Hi Kunal

To try to nail down where, when, why it fails you could compile in
debugging mode,
ie. start fresh ('make CLEAN' in the build directory or just wipe that
directory off)
and run gemake2 with the -devel flag (keep the other flags).
Then, to increase verbosity add:
debugLevel = 4,
to the "data" namelist &PARM01,
and increase the
monitorFreq
in &PARM03
to one or a few time steps.
The STDOUT.XXXX, and STDERR.XXXX files
may give a hint of what is going on (when, where, wny it fails).

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa