[MITgcm-support] using EXF with monthly data and pkg cal gregorian

Jeffery R Scott jscott at mit.edu
Thu Oct 29 10:47:14 EDT 2020

Hi,

I’m using EXF with hourly reanalysis for a bunch of fields (e.g., 2m SAT etc) over the period 2012-2019,
using gregorian calendar in data.cal. I have useExfYearlyFields=TRUE. No problem thus far.

However, now I want to turn on SST restoring using monthly SST files over this period.
(individual SST files over 2012-2019)

Is there a smart way to do this in data.exf (tried fiddling with a mid-month startdate1/startdate2, won’t seem to work),
given my calendar choice? Is my only recourse here to make SST files with say daily frequency (doing the time interpolation processing myself)
for each year? (the pkg/exf and pkg/cal logic seems a bit tricky and mysterious…)

Thanks,
Jeff