[MITgcm-support] Problems with OBCS package

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 28 00:16:34 EDT 2020

Velocity field looks fine to me. Which component is that? What specifically is wrong with it?
1) is there grid scale noise - if so what is your CFL?
2) I assume you have stratification (your figure 1) and those are internal tides - no? I can’t even see your colorbar in figure 2
3) you can    useOBCStides = .TRUE., instead of putting them in OBWu and they will likely be smoother. What is your  obcsWperiod - this is likely an issue

Matt