[MITgcm-support] compiling problems

Oliver Jahn jahn at mit.edu
Mon Oct 19 09:54:13 EDT 2020

Hi Andreas,

I agree with Martin that this points to an executable size issue.  With
ifort, this can usually be resolved with "-mcmodel=medium".  This seems
to have helped others with the same error:

https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/threads/failed-to-convert-gotpcrel-relocation-relink-with-no-relax.4494/

The linux_amd64_ifort+impi optfile has this already, but maybe you are
using a different one?

Cheers,
Oliver