[MITgcm-support] wind stress in seaice pkg

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Mon Oct 12 20:14:17 EDT 2020

Thank you Martin for the clarification. This is quite helpful.

Yilang

On 10/9/20, 12:42, "MITgcm-support on behalf of Martin Losch" <mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org on behalf of Martin.Losch at awi.de> wrote:

    pkg/seaice/dynsolver.F is part of the long retired B-grid code. It may still compile, but I am not sure if it will run and give sensible solutions. Definitely, many new features are not included.
    Please have a look at the C-grid code, the corresponding expression(s)canbe found in seaice_get_dynforcing.F

    the drag coefficient is for drag of atmospher on sea ice is
    CDAIR = SEAICE_rhoAir*SEAICE_drag*AAA

    The atomsphere-ocean part is also there, but it’s never really used. By default, the atmosphere-ocean drag is computed in pkg/exf and it looks similar to the form here.

    Martin