[MITgcm-support] question on super-parameterization in MITgcm

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Sat May 23 16:35:55 EDT 2020

Hi Yilang,

I can point to you where the set-up used for the 2011 paper is.
It's in MITgcm_contrib (still under CVS), here:
 http://wwwcvs.mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/PRM/
I think the README there is up-to-date, it's old but the code
has not been updated since.

If you want to use it, you need to be aware that it works with an old
version of ESMF (this is documented in README file) which requires
some care when trying to install it.

There was some discussion regarding an update that would not rely on
ESMF, but I don't know the status of this (Chris, in cc, might know better).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel