[MITgcm-support] Solution blows up

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Wed Mar 4 12:37:28 EST 2020

This is too high for timestep=0:

(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON dynstat_wvel_max             =   6.4849491655418E-03
(PID.TID 0000.0001) %MON dynstat_wvel_min             =  -1.0465307563404E-02

%MON advcfl_wvel_max              =   6.8697658345833E-01

Again, its possible this would settle down after a while and you can increase the timestep later in the run.

As Matt says, you may just have interpolated some velocities inconsistently since this is appearing in the first time step (so the T and S interpolation don’t even entre into the problem).  It also may simply bet hat your vertical resolution is what is limiting your timestep.

Cheers,   Jody